and I especially enjoy making water containers.
Some with shapes......
some with decorative rocks........
some with a little charm.
With the Texas wind and heat.......every thing bakes and is in constant need of water,
and I love to see bodies of water, such as ponds or bird baths in gardens. In the photo above, "my patio garden" has natural elements
like pine needles, pine cones,
and rocks from a distant river bed
I grow succulents of different kinds in buckets and other whimsical containers,
and native pincushion cacti ,
and I use my homemade cement containers to hold rocks and frog figurines. I love water on rocks because it gives the rocks a whole fresh and pretty look.
I use the large water containers for birds, bees, and lizards to get a drink in the hot day. I toss in few shells that my small children( at that time) gathered on Galveston Island on our family trips so many years ago, and added a small turtle figurine.
To my delight this tiny little toad.....about the size of a nickel, found it's way into the water and perched on top of the turtle waiting apparently for a fly to swim by.
If you click onto the photo, you can see the unique and beautiful design on this tiny toads back.
How about you?
Do you like ponds or bird baths...........
maybe a fountain as well?
I would love to hear!

0 Yorumlar