Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Flat Stanley Visits From Chicago

Earlier this month we received a letter from our granddaughter, KC in Chicago asking if we would take her Flat Stanley paper doll, give him lots of adventures, then send back photos of the adventures and if possible... a few souvenirs to her school.

Now... you know that if you send a request like that to a grandmother who rarely sees and misses her granddaughter, said grandmother (who happens to be a former teacher) is going to go a little nuts with this kind of project.


Since we had just taken Mike and Jean around the island earlier in the month and were now spending time with Jane who was also visiting us from Chicago, we really didn't have the time to travel around the island again and mail Stanley back to KC's class before the deadline.


Therefore I did take a little PhotoShop license and scanned KC's Flat Stanley and pasted him onto island photos we'd taken earlier.

I then got little Post-It notes and attached them to the back of each photo to explain what she was looking at.

In the end, I had 42 photos of Flat Stanley.  It was a little overkill, but I couldn't help myself.




Here are a few photos of the flora and fauna of Oahu.

No, I didn't use PhotoShop for all my photos.



I also made a paper doll aloha shirt for Flat Stanley to wear on many of the photos.














And of course there was the racing bib for the Great Aloha Run.



Jane had a tiny water bottle chapstick that was the perfect Flat Stanley size.

I loved it!

I added a couple of books about Hawaii, boxes of chocolate macadamia nuts for the class, a little coconut necklace for the teacher, a Hawaiian calendar, some dried Hawaiian flowers, a shell and floral lei, and LOTS of photos.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when KC gets the box and shares it with her class.  According to the letter from the school, students are supposed to make posters with the souvenirs they receive.  I will have to ask Tiffany to take a photo of KC's poster and send it back to me.

This was so much fun!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar