Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Regifting

 I apologise straightaway if this post offends anyone.  All my blogposts come from my own opinion, and are not aimed at another person.

OK.

So.

We are the other side of Christmas, and it is the beginning of a new year. 

Went quickly, didn't it?!

I do love Christmas, and I genuinely prepare for it all.year.round.

I have begun preparations for Christmas 2022 already: one of the things I do, without any qualms, is regifting.

Taking a present I was given and giving it to another person, at a later date.

I brought up GDaughter to know this is acceptable behaviour, and that as long as thanks are given; the item received is yours to do with what you wish.

We have a small home that is not full of items. If we felt we had to keep everything we were given, not only would there be many more items here: but there would be many items that didn't make us happy. Nobody but you knows what makes you happy.

An example.

This Christmas we received - from a distant relative - a wooden box with segments inside for storing herbal teabags. The outside of the box was decorated with a seaside theme and glued-on wooden painted seaside-y things.

OK.

Thank you very much for thinking of us.

Now then.

Is this something we would choose to have in our kitchen?

No.

Why?

Well, for a start we don't drink herbal tea...and also we don't keep 'things' out on display in our teeny kitchen. On my worktop is the toaster and a bowl of fruit.

So this box is in my gift box for next Christmas, one with some other bits and bobs.

As we go through the year, I'll buy and add to my gift stash. My plan this year is to wrap gifts before December- I have a notebook which I use to write in what I have bought or made and for whom.


And there we have it.

Regifting.


What do you do with a gift received you won't use yourself? Do you regift?


Take care,

Tracey xx



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar