Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beginnings, middle and end.........

The title of this post sounds a lot more ominous than it should.  Let's just say I have had a busy week with work, extra appointments for Little Buddy and myself, and some more time consuming things to do with my Dad's estate.  It is frankly amazing anything has gotten done at all, but there is a finish, thus the, "end" in the title above.

Maybe we should start with the beginnings..........


As there was a finish this week I was able to start something new.  The South Bay Shawlette, which of course many of you have been making for years has finally found a place at the top of my project list.  I have been wanting to make this a very long time, and frankly can't explain my delay.  Such an easy pattern, with just a two row repeat once you get going.  I knew this recently purchased sale yarn would become this shawl as soon as I spotted it in the store.  It is sunny and warm, just the thing I need right now, a bit of splash in my life.  I started this last night an intend on getting a lot done on it this weekend.  The beginnings of a project is so much fun to experience.


Lovey Lamb number two was started way back when my sister was still visiting.  I am making slow progress on this one as I felt the need to get other things completed.  I keep this project in the car for when I have a spare few minutes between patients.  Made with Lion Brand Wool Ease, a perfect yarn for this type of project.  It is soft and washable, and made with only a wee bit of wool so won't cause irritation when hugged close to your face.  I am using an H hook, smaller than the yarn advises, but I wanted the stitches to be close and intact so the fluff on the inside won't poke through when it is all done.


If you can't handle another Hitchhiker then look away now.  I love this latest one.  Made for one of Little Buddy's therapists for next Christmas. Yup, I have two of the four presents completed for next Christmas and it is only April.  I am pushing myself now so I won't be any more crazy then I already am come next December. 


Want the specifics on this Hitchhiker?  This fun scarf was made with Cascade Yarns Tangier in color 09, with size 9 needles.  I made 25 of the teeth in the pattern before casting off.  The pattern calls for 42 teeth, as it was made with much finer yarn.  I used approximately 300 yards of yarn, so maybe a skein and a third to make this 72 inch long scarf.  Tangier is made from silk, acrylic, rayon and cotton, it is lovely and soft to work with.  Hope you are not completely bored with this pattern popping up on my blog, I just looked and 23,777 of them have been listed on Ravelry so apparently I am not the only one making one or two, or in my case six of them.


And speaking of ends, looks who's backside was quickly crawling away from me this morning as I tried to take his picture, I will give you one guess!

Hope you all had a great week and are enjoying your weekend.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar